A Tradition of Excellence​

Lombardos Full Logo
Logo removebg preview
logo refined3 1
Logo removebg preview 1

The Lombardo family had previously been in the retail food industry, operating Liberty Supermarkets in East Boston and the North Shore. However, the concept of Lombardo’s as a function facility began when East Boston residents started requesting that an empty hall be made available to host functions. The result was the opening of Lombardo’s Function Hall in East Boston in 1963 by Paul and Sal Lombardo (sons of Nina and Vincent). In 1983, they expanded to their second location Randolph. As of 2000, this is their current sole location.

1917
Lombardos Timeline 1917
Humble Beginnings

Vincent Lombardo Sr. migrated from Sicily, Italy to Hartford, CT

1927
Lombardos Timeline 1927
The First Venture

Vincent Lombardo Sr. opens Liberty Market, a meat market on Porter Street in East Boston.

1951
Lombardos Timeline 1951
Expansion

Vincent Lombardo Sr. & sons, Sal and Paul, open a larger supermarket on London Street in East Boston.

1963
Lombardos Timeline 1963
First Function Facility Opens

Lombardo’s opens a function facility across the street from Liberty Market in East Boston.

1972
Lombardos Timeline 1972
Continuing The Tradition

The third generation of the Lombardo family joins the business.

1983
Lombardos Timeline 1983
Further Expansion

Lombardo’s new, state-of-the-art function facility in Randolph opens on Billings Street in Randolph.

2000
Lombardos Timeline 2000
A New Focus

Lombardo’s closes the East Boston location in order to focus exclusively on its Randolph facility.

2010
Lombardos Timeline 2013
The Fourth Generation

The fourth generation joins the family business. It is currently owned and operated by the 3rd and 4th generation.

2013
Lombardos 50 Years
50 Years of Service

Lombardo’s celebrates 50 years in business as an event venue.

Subscribe to Lombardo's Hospitality Group

Get the latest news & updates straight to your inbox.